Kubernetes is the recommended approach to deploy QuickCase. It is regularly tested on Kubernetes and support services provided by AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
Kubernetes based deployments
The following steps are involved
- Cluster - provision a new Kubernetes cluster or use an existing cluster
- Support services - deploy databases and document storage accessible by the cluster (or only by the apps requiring access). Ensure you have an OpenID Connect provider.
- Deployment - install the application onto the cluster using the Helm 3 chart.
How to use this guide?
This guide assumes knowledge of:
- Supported cloud providers.
This guide is divided into a general deployment section for deployment steps common to either cloud provider. Then provider specific sections that provide more detailed configuration specific to that provider.
Read the general section and cloud specific section so that you understand the services required and configuration needed before proceeding.
We have examples Terraform based deployments for each cloud provider. These provide:
- Kubernetes clusters
- Support services
- OIDC provider
You can use these to:
- Quickly bootstrap a test cluster with deployments
- Adapt to deploy into your existing infrastructure
- Use as a template to check your configurations
None of these examples are production hardened but are provided to demonstrate the minimal setup.